Friday 16 March - Why the financial industry needs to prepare for climate change impact
· The reasons that climate science is relevant to financial services.
· Differing perspectives amongst financial services players
· The nature of inter-generational risks and rewards
· Risks and opportunities of new business approaches
· The Financial Implications of Climate Science
1. Coleman,T. and LaPlante,A (2016). Climate Change: Why Financial Institutions Should Take Note. Global Risk Institute in Financial Services.
2. LaPlante, A. and Watson, C. (2017) Managing Carbon Risk: A Look at Environmentally Conscious Indices. Global Risk Institute for Financial Services
3. LaPlante, A. (2017) President Trump’s Paris Pullout: What it means for financial institutions. Global Risk Institute for Financial Services
4. Wagner, G. and Zeckhauser, R. (2017) Confronting Deep and Persistent Climate Uncertainty.
READING RELATED QUESTIONS:
1. How should you reconcile the short term costs and uncertain long term benefits of your firm adopting a program of reduced carbon emissions?
2. If the US is not concerned about climate change cooperation globally what can single firms do?
3. What opportunities exist in finance for benefiting from climate science?